The Ballakermeen Amnesty International group is joining forces with Manx Support Refugees to appeal for donations of winter clothing and footwear.
Collected items will be sent to aid refugees in the Moria Camp on the Greek island of Lesvos.
We are looking for good quality clothing which would be suitable for refugees of all ages enduring difficult winter conditions .
In particular, the following items are in very much in demand:
- winter jackets, waterproofs and fleeces
- winter footwear, boots, trainers ( all sizes in good condition accepted )
- trousers, joggers and jeans
- jumpers, sweatshirts and hoodies
- teenage boys’ and men’s hats, gloves and scarves
- backpacks / sports bags ( all sizes accepted )
You can take donations directly to one of the Manx Support Refugees drop-off points on the island:
- Douglas: Cat Jenkins, 16 Westminster Terrace, Douglas IM1 4EE
- Ramsey: The Shaktiman
- Castletown: Lyn Mathews, 22 Scarlet Road, Castletown
Alternatively, you can bring items into school and leave them with reception. Ideally, please indicate that the donation is specifically for this Amnesty campaign.
We would be grateful if you would ensure donated items are washed and that pockets are checked for personal belongings.
Thank you in anticipation of your kindness and consideration.
The #IOMYouth4Syria Team