We know how hard the vast majority of you have worked throughout your time at Ballakermeen and especially during your GCSE years, even though they were cut short. Whatever your results happen to be, we think you should be proud about the way you have conducted yourself.
The centre assessed grades have been calculated by your teachers and the document below shows you the process that was undertaken. Teachers will have taken into account how you normally work in lessons (this includes if you usually had extra time).
If You Want to Join our Sixth Form:
- If you have met the entry requirements and do not want to change any of your option choices, you do not need to do anything else. We look forward to seeing you at 8.45 am on Friday 11th September.
- If you want to change any of your options, or you haven’t met our entry requirements, please make an appointment with either Mr Karran, Mrs Kinrade, or Mrs Lewin. Ideally, we want your parents to attend, as we think it is important that they are involved at this key point of your education. Meetings should last no longer than 20 minutes.
- If you, or your parents are in quarantine, Mr Karran will also hold a series on on-line sessions on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th August that parents can book into.
If You Are Unhappy With Your Results:
If you wish to appeal the grade(s) you have been awarded, there are only two grounds on which you can do so:
1. You believe that there has been an administrative error.
(We will check with your teachers at the beginning of term)
2. You believe that you have evidence of bias, or you were discriminated against.
(Please provide your evidence and submit it for the attention of Mrs O’Neill, Exams Officer)
In both cases, please collect an internal appeals form from Mrs O’Neill.
You also have the option of sitting an actual exam in the autumn term, although I appreciate this may clash with your future plans, whether that is further study, or the world of work.
Congratulations for everything you have achieved and thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
With best wishes,