Tuesday 5th January
As we make sense of the implications of the imminent lockdown, I would like to issue some initial guidance:
- School will close for most students at 3.20 pm tomorrow and will not open before Wednesday 27th January. (Unless you are considered a ‘key worker’ - please see below).
- School attendance on Wednesday 6th January is not compulsory.
- We have taken the decision to postpone the Year 11 and Year 13 mock exams, including the one scheduled for tomorrow morning (Wednesday).
- The Year 13 BTEC external exam scheduled for Wednesday morning will take place and students have been informed of this individually. We have been able to provide a socially distanced venue and masks will be available for the small number of students involved.
- No decision has yet been made about BTEC external exams scheduled for next week; we will contact the students concerned separately in due course.
- Learning resources will be available on-line for students to cover the rest of this week. From Monday 11th January, we will be implementing a more formal ‘Home Learning’ programme. Details will be published on the homepage of the website from this coming Thursday.
- The children of key workers will be able to attend school. In order that we can plan for this and ensure we have enough classrooms with 2 metre distancing in place, please contact email@example.com if you are eligible and wish your child to attend.
In these uncertain times, I want to reassure you that in addition to providing quality remote learning for your children, we will continue to do everything we can to keep you updated. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have problem with access to a mobile device or internet connection.
Stay safe and let’s all look out for each other.
P. A. Burnett,