7th September 2022
SIMS Parent App: smart access to important school information
From Monday 12th September 2022, parents and carers of children in Year 7 will be able to access Parent App via a smartphone, tablet or PC.
This application allows us to share important information about your child/children quickly and efficiently. Features of SIMS Parent App include:
- Ability to access, review and request changes to data held on you or your children.
- Information about attendance for the current term including viewing AM and PM registration marks.
- Details of your child’s timetable showing subjects, teachers and timings for each day.
- Reports and snapshots delivered directly to you via the app.
- Notifications of behaviour incidents involving your child/children such as disruption to teaching and learning.
- Messages about key school events.
To use the app, you will need to register:
- We will send you an activation email to the email address you have provided us with. Locate this email, which is from CAPITA and may default to your junk email box.
- Search for ‘SIMS Parent’ on Google Play or the Apple App Store, then download the App on your smartphone or tablet.
- Simply click on the link in the email from your tablet, PC or smartphone to activate your account.
- Select a third-party account you are familiar with such as Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft and enter your username and password for this account. Please do not select SIMS login.
- From a PC or laptop, login online at www.sims-parent.co.uk
Please note that your activation email is unique to you, should not be used by anyone else and will expire in 90 days. SIMS Parent App is our main method of communication regarding many aspects of school life. As such, it is important that you register with this service and ensure you remain logged in.
If you require an additional login, did not receive an email or your email has expired, please contact BHSEnquiries@sch.im. Additional information and guidance materials can be found at www.ballakermeen.com.
Mrs K Dean
Head of ICT & Computing / Digital Learning Leader