The weather forecast for Tuesday from gov.im indicates that temperatures will reach upwards of 28 degrees. I have therefore taken the decision to postpone the Memorial Walk. We will make a call regarding the walk being rescheduled to take place on Wednesday, when we have more up to date information.
Secondly, given the predicted high temperatures I am relaxing the dress code for staff and students next week.
The usual rules apply for non-uniform days:
- Sensible footwear is important – trainers are fine
- Clothes must cover the back and shoulders
- No midriff to be showing
- No very short skirts or shorts
- No offensive or rude words must be seen on any part of clothing
- Normal school rules regarding hair styles, make-up and jewellery apply all week.
Any students wearing clothing that breaks this guidance, or is felt to be inappropriate will be required to change into more appropriate clothing. Contact may have to be made with home to facilitate this. While contact is being made home, students may have to be isolated from lessons.